Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Organization:||City of Antioch||Job Category:||
Water and Sewers: Stormwater
Water and Sewers
|Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||California (CA)||City:||Antioch||Salary and Benefits:||$3,880 - $5,174 Monthly*||Post Date:||08/22/2014||
(Retirement: CalPERS 2.7% at 55 formula for classic members; 2% at 62 formula for new members.)
THE POSITION: Under supervision (Water Distribution Operator I) or general supervision (Water Distribution Operator II) performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled duties associated with the installation, maintenance, and repair of the water distribution system and non-potable water system; ensures an uninterrupted supply of quality potable and non-potable water to the customers of the City; and operates and maintains a variety of heavy equipment and hand and power tools and equipment.
WATER DISTRIBUTION OPERATOR I
• Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade.
• Six (6) months of construction experience.
• Must possess a valid California Class C driver's license.
• Must obtain a valid California Commercial Class B driver's license within six (6) months of appointment.
• Possession of a D-1 Water Distribution Operator Certificate issued by the Department of Public Health within one (1) year of appointment.
WATER DISTRIBUTION OPERATOR II
• Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade supplemented by specialized training in the maintenance and repair of water distribution systems.
• Two (2) years of experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of water distribution systems comparable to a Water Distribution Operator I with the City of Antioch.
• Possession of a D-2 Water Distribution Operator Certificate issued by the California Department of Public Health.
• Must possess a valid California Commercial Class B driver's license.
• Possession of a Traffic Control Certificate.
APPLY NOW: Open through 9/10/14 or when 300 applications have been received, whichever occurs first. For complete information and to apply online, click the “Job Opportunities” link on the City’s website at: www.ci.antioch.ca.us/human-resources/
* Salary range reflects a 40-hour workweek; however, the City implemented a 36-hour workweek. The actual salary should be based on a 36-hour workweek.