Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Organization:||City of Beverly Hills||Job Category:||Water and Sewers||Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||California (CA)||City:||Beverly Hills||Post Code:||90210||Salary and Benefits:||$98,808.00 - $122,760.00||Post Date:||07/15/2014||
Oversees the operations of the City's water treatment, production, and distribution; manages personnel and quality assurance; assists the Deputy Director providing administrative and technical support in the planning, direction and operation of the Water Division of the Public Works Department.
• Coordinates and oversees the processing of reports through the system, acting as a liaison between officials, employees, other departments, commissions, citizens, and department head or executive management.
• Plans, develops, and manages special projects at the request of the management to include problem identification, research, analyzing options, statistical analysis, presentation of recommendations, and implementation time frame.
• Researches, prepares, analyzes, and presents reports to the City Manager, Department Head and various committees and citizens' groups at the request of executive management.
• Attends various public meetings and acts as technical advisor to Deputy Director, citizens, and committee members.
• Assists with the preparation, analysis, and administration of the division budget.
• Instructs all employees in departmental procedures including work rules, safety precautions, job functions, duties, and areas assigned and ensure their work is completed in a timely manner.
• Functions as the City's Chief Operator to the State Department of Health Services.
• Designs and implements manuals, forms and systems for use in operations.
• Coordinates activities with other City departments, contractors, and with outside agencies.
• Drafts and edits correspondence, special reports to be distributed to City Manager, Public Works Commission and special interest groups and/or the public.
• Provides direct and indirect supervision to subordinate supervisors.
• Selects, trains, supervises, and evaluates assigned staff and enforces department/division rules and regulation and disciplinary control.
• Investigates, resolves and responds to water quality complaints, personal claims and public inquiries.
• Assists in the development and design of Capital Improvement Projects and represents the department's technical advisor at meetings with Consultants.
• May be required to respond to after hours emergency conditions.
• Performs other related work as assigned.
• California Department of Health Services issued Distribution Certification Grade 3 and Treatment Certification Grade 4 or ability to obtain these certifications within one year appointment to the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, budget and personnel administration.
• Knowledge of management practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of methods and practices of repairing and maintaining a multi-level water production system.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials in government and the private sector.
• Follow all applicable safety procedures including wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) Such as positive and negative pressure respirators.
• Skill in reading and interpreting technically complex documents, drawings and engineering specifications.
• Skill in making estimates and properly interpreting and making decisions in accordance with laws, regulations, and policies.
• Skill in communicating clearly and concisely, in oral and written forms.
• Excellent organizational skills, problem solving and analytical skills.