|Organization:||City of Boulder||Job Category:||Water and Sewers||Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||Colorado (CO)||City:||Boulder||Salary and Benefits:||18.81-30.10||Post Date:||07/14/2014||
1. Operates a variety of heavy equipment and machinery in the right of way.
2. Acts as lead worker, including task assignment and work instruction. Interacts with the public at work sites.
3. Performs a variety of duties (construction, maintenance and repair) requiring knowledge of water, wastewater, and flood systems. This includes the following:
4. Operates hydraulic valve exercising equipment.
5. Works irregular hours, weekends, evenings, holidays, and/or emergencies as required to respond to water and wastewater main breaks and other Public Works emergencies. Respond to a minimum of 25% emergency after hours calls for the calendar year. Response to snow shifts when called from mid-September through mid-April is required of the position.
6. Works in confined spaces that require ventilation to protect against potential noxious gases/fumes or lack of oxygen.
7. Required to wear protective safety gear and use safety equipment to protect against potential biohazards possibly encountered during performance of maintenance activities. May work with restricted use chemicals to perform maintenance activities.
8. Facilitates good communication with co-workers and supervisors. This includes sharing information and receiving feedback, listening to and respecting input, participating in workgroup conversations, and directly dealing with issues that arise.
9. Uses the following types of tools and equipment and trains others in their safe and proper use: backhoe, single and tandem axle truck and snow plow, front end loader, hand tools, power tools, long handle tools, jackhammer, grinder, compressor, tamper, locating equipment, sewer jet, bucket machine, and rodder. Performs utility locates and uses pipe locators, leak locators and correlators. May perform routine maintenance on equipment as needed.
10. Maintains accurate records of work performed and materials and equipment used. May use a computer to log and obtain information.
11. May assist in maintaining the transportation system.
12. Participates as a member of a team. Treats coworkers and supervisors with respect and courtesy. Contributes and gives input to the team. Recognizes the needs of team members, and maintains a fair share of team's workload.
13. Directs seasonal or temporary employees including task and work assignment and providing basic field training and input.
14. May interact with citizens in the field to provide information and customer service.
15. Remains generally alert to conditions and events related to wastewater, water distribution and flood control systems; reports any problem to supervisors.
16. Performs related duties as required by management to meet the needs of the city.
17. Takes proper safety precautions, anticipates unsafe circumstances, and acts accordingly to prevent accidents. Responsible for the safety of self, others, materials, and equipment.
Generally duties are listed from most to least critical or time consuming.
The City of Boulder is committed to hiring employees who provide excellent customer service. Our employees act with a high level of integrity, and take responsibility for their words and actions.
City of Boulder employees strive to respect and appreciate each individual's differences, and to work effectively with all people and their diverse backgrounds. We support candid and honest interactions, which respect other points of view, and are sensitive to communication differences. We achieve organizational goals through inclusive problem solving, planning, and decision-making. Community partnerships are included in this effort.