| Organization: ||
City of League City
|| Job Category: ||
Engineering and Technology
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Post Code: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
Salary Hiring Range: $99,759.00 - $120,000.00
|| Post Date: || 06/18/2014 ||
Department director responsible for administration and operation of the City of League City’s Engineering Department including the capital improvement program, traffic engineering and operations and development services. Directly and indirectly supervises employees. Responsible for the preparation, administration and monitoring of the applicable departmental budgets.
- Coordinates Engineering activities with the City Administration, County, State (TxDOT, TCEQ, etc.) and Federal Governments, as well as special districts and regional planning organizations.
- Directs and manages the activities of department staff.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the City’s 5-year capital improvement program including the development of grant and funding options.
- Reviews and coordinates the installation public infrastructure being installed by investors for residential subdivision, commercial and industrial development projects.
- Meets with the general public to discuss various department operations/maintenance and infrastructure capital improvement projects.
- Coordinates and develops long range plans and programs for the City’s infrastructure for inclusion in the CIP development, construction and maintenance.
- Responsible for traffic engineering, operations, and maintenance.
- Represents City/Engineering staff at various city and regional committees/meetings included but not limited to the Development Review Committee, Planning and Zoning Commission, Parks Board the 4B Board, various home owners associations, HGAC committee work.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Seven to ten years of experience in as a department director or assistant director in an Engineering or a related department. Registered professional engineer with ability to become registered in Texas within 6 months.