| Organization: ||
City of Olathe
|| Job Category: ||
Engineering and Technology
Water and Sewers
Water and Sewers: Stormwater
| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
$60,450.00 - $77,500.00 Annually
|| Post Date: || 01/30/2014 ||
Manage, plan, direct, supervise and oversee the activities and operations of the Wastewater Collection Section within the Field Operations Division of the Public Works Department including the implementation of asset management/work order management systems, inflow and infiltration reduction strategies, sewer system maintenance, repair and construction; ensure compliance with all local, state and federal requirements.
- Perform highly responsible, technical supervisory, and managerial work directing the overall maintenance and repair of the city's wastewater collection systems, lift stations and infrastructure.
- Plan, direct and coordinate through subordinate supervisors, leads and others the wastewater services work plan including assigned projects and programmatic areas. Coordinate these activities with city engineering, procurement and inspection staff, vendors and contractors as necessary.
- Responsible for the implementation of Inflow and Infiltration reduction strategies, sewer systems, lift station maintenance and repair and construction using city crews.
- Coach/lead, motivate, develop and evaluate assigned personnel.
- Budget Management; will oversee an annual budget over $2,000,000.
- Ability to represent the wastewater collection program to internal and external stakeholders.
- Project and Resource Management; to ensure procurement of supplies and resources are available for required projects.
- Ability to research and develop processes as they relate to best practices within wastewater technology.
- Researches and develops new preventative maintenance programs and adapts current maintenance operations to use new technologies, equipment and processes.
- Be a leader in the development of the safety culture in the city.
- Ensure all customer service requests are resolved; respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner, resolve complaints in an effective and timely manner. Maintain a viable relationship with departments throughout the organization.
- Other duties as required.
Experience Ten years of wastewater systems experience desirable, including at least four years of managerial or supervisory experience.
Education Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business Management or related field or comparable combination of education and experience. Class II Wastewater Collection Certification or the ability to obtain within 18 months of hire date.
Must be 18 years old
Have the ability to pass a pre-employment physical & drug screen.
Must have a valid driver's license with a favorable driving record.