| Organization: ||
|| Job Category: ||
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
$50,000-$60,000 plus benefits
|| Post Date: || 12/05/2013 ||
Municipal Technologies is looking for a qualified individual to fill a contract position with a governmental client in South Florida. This is a full time position within the private sector and not a public sector job.
This is a professional position involving varied contract administration and development, research, analysis, compliance monitoring, problem resolution, and other related duties as assigned by the Director of Public Works. They will be responsible for planning and measuring the results of contractor performance as well as developing the appropriate monitoring and accountability tools. Emphasis of this work includes project management, collecting, monitoring, analyzing and summarizing information into a professional work product with observations and recommendations.
Examples of work preformed:
- Performs program analysis and evaluation, organizational and administrative studies, and statistical analysis of research data.
- Assists the department in the preparation of management reports, grant submissions & reports, formal government solicitations and contracts including writing portions of such reports.
- Develops, organizes and conducts specialized research projects, including data collection and analysis.
- Uses the advanced features of Microsoft Excel and Word software in producing professional documents, forms, reports, charts and analyses.
- Monitor detailed work plans and deliverables and related materials for performance compliance of contract partners. Prepares interim project status reports and attends status meetings; attends final deliverable presentations.
- Coordinate and manage work flow procedures and design reports for city’s asset management/work order/computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Conducts interviews, collects, analyzes and summarizes data, prepares flow diagrams, charts and tables, develops recommendations and observations, and prepares descriptive information and reports.
- Coordinates with the GIS group to produce graphical representation of analyses.
- Performs special projects as assigned by the Director of Public Works.
- Writes letters, memorandums, reports and other correspondence appropriate to the area of assignment.
- Represents the Public Works Department at assigned meetings with external agencies.
- Reviews standard operating procedures and practices in order to develop and recommend adoption of improved procedures, forms, record keeping practices, etc.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and to work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality customer service.
- Maintains confidentiality as required and as appropriate in a professional setting.
Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in public or business administration or a closely related field from an accredited college or university. Master’s Degree preferred.
Must have at least four (4) years of progressively responsible administrative and managerial work experience primarily involving one or more of the following: the analysis, planning and development of programs, policies, operations, methods and/or procedures; the evaluation of program and operation effectiveness; the development of revised administrative practices in order to meet program, policy, organizational or legislative change, to expedite work, to effect economies of time, money, personnel and equipment, or to otherwise assist in the solution of administrative and management problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods and practices of public administration.
- Knowledge of city government including organizational structure and operations.
- Knowledge of research methods and techniques and of the sources and availability of research information.
- Ability to analyze complicated policy, process and procedural issues, and to develop and articulate solutions to superiors.
- Ability to select and/or devise analytical techniques and methods suited to the solution of management problems.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of business English and spelling.
- Ability to perform work involving written or numerical data and to make arithmetical calculations rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials, other employees and the general public.
- Ability to work independently