| Organization: ||
Missouri Department of Transportation
|| Job Category: ||
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Post Code: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
$3,621.00 min. monthly salary
|| Post Date: || 10/17/2013 ||
Applications must be submitted online at www.modot.org by 11:55pm on 10/29/13.
The facility operations supervisor plans, supervises, and coordinates the maintenance, renovation, and construction of department buildings. Responsibilities are performed under general supervision.
High School Diploma or GED, plus completion of a formal post-secondary technical training program (at least 30 credit hours and one school year in duration) in building trades such as heating, air conditioning, carpentry, or electrical wiring.
Six years of experience in building construction, building maintenance, or building design.
Examples of Work:
- Supervises the maintenance and operation of all district or Central Office facilities and capital properties, and coordinates maintenance and repair projects and programs for preventative maintenance, routine maintenance, janitorial and other related services.
- Conducts physical inspections of facilities, discusses facility needs with department personnel, creates, reviews, or updates necessary facility planning documents, and submits facility related requests to necessary personnel for approval and inclusion in the capital improvement and capital asset preservation programs.
- Supervises the input and maintenance of facility data in appropriate automated systems for use in capital planning, facility and property asset managment, service order management, security system management, and building automation.
- Coordinates work with contractors, consulting firms, manufacturers, suppliers and district personnel during building construction, renovation, remodeling and modification, including facility inspections.
- Coordinates facilities-related issues involving occupational health and safety, physical security of employees and department facilities, environmental compliance and emergency management; responds to facility-related emergencies.
- Consults and advises district or Central Office management on matters related to facilities management, maintenance and operations.
- Administers construction documents, including building construction contracts, permits, contractor payments, requests for proposal or quotations, and construction change orders.
- Prepares cost estimates and bids for programmed work.· Provides input during the budget preparation process and has budgetary compliance responsibilities.
- Purchases or supervises the purchase of building supplies and materials.
- Performs supervisory responsibilities in a manner consistent with the Department's Affirmative Action Program.
- Performs other responsibilities as required or assigned.
In order to be considered for this vacancy please go to the MoDOT Employment Application System (EAS) and submit an on-line application. Applications, and if applicable transcripts, must be received by no later than 11:55 pm of the closing date listed on the advertised vacancy.
The Missouri Department of Transportation promotes an equal opportunity workplace that includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.