| Job Ref: ||
|| Organization: ||
Harris & Associates
|| Job Category: ||
Director Public Works
Engineering and Technology
| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Post Code: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
|| Post Date: || 09/25/2013 ||
Harris & Associates is excited to annouce a new opening for a Manager of Civil Design.
This position will:
- Close interaction with internal Harris staff involved with the placement of staff members on projects. Internal Harris staff includes the Engineering Services Practice Leader, Transportation and Water Waste Water Market Leaders, Harris Senior Project Managers and Harris marketing personnel involved with the preparation of proposals.
- Maintain a status log of available qualified staff noting: their current assignment(s), projected completion date of the current assignment, skill level of each individual (focusing on areas of expertise), geographical areas of employment, and other pertinent information.
- Assist internal staff members with the preparation of proposals including: write ups on project specific approach, scope, selection of appropriate prior project experience to include in the proposal, providing up-to-date personal resumes, and preparing any fee proposals that may be required.
- Work with the various regional and sub-regional offices to make certain that the employee’s current supervisor is aware of any new assignments and assisting these offices with placements of staff from outside their areas.
- Review resumes and interview potential new employees. Make suggestions regarding the hiring of new staff, salary packages, etc.
- Be an active participant in Harris Design Staff Meetings, Design Project Manager Meetings, and Design Manager Meetings and, attend CM meetings as necessary and attend monthly Senior Project Manager Meetings.
- Perform annual employee evaluations for staff members who are actively working with the Senior Project Managers.
- Review client contracts in order to minimize risk to Harris and to ensure that contracts are fair and that the Harris scope of services is clearly defined.
- Manage internal resources to successfully complete the assignment including close coordination with staff to provide proper resources and equipment as needed.
Core Competencies (all employees)
- Communicativeness, Customer Orientation, Drive/Energy, Functional/Technical Expertise, Initiative, Integrity, Problem Solving/Decision Making, Relationship Orientation, Team player
Job specific Managerial Leadership competencies
Business Thinking, Change Mastery, Conflict Management, Delegation, Financial Acumen, Influence, Mission Focus, Strategic Thinking, Talent Management, Team Management
- Mimum of 10-15 years of design project management experience.
- College degree, Civil Engineering.
- California Professional Engineering License
- Ability to oversee and manage Design staff.Ability to work independently with limited supervision, knowledge and ability to work with Harris & Associates reference documents and corporate staff and adherence to Harris & Associates’ “Core Values”.
- Must be able to utilize independent judgment and initiative to achieve project objectives and work in an office environment.
To learn more and apply, please visit www.harris-assoc.com/opportunities