| Organization: ||
City of Cedar Rapids
|| Job Category: ||
Water and Sewers: Stormwater
Water and Sewers
| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Post Code: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
$68,868.80 to $92,227.20
|| Post Date: || 09/10/2013 ||
Annual Salary: $68,868.80 to $92,227.20
“Cedar Rapids is a vibrant urban hometown – a beacon for people and businesses that are invested in building a greater community now and for the next generation”.
The City of Cedar Rapids, IA is currently recruiting for a Sewer Superintendent.
Details on the required qualifications including the complete job description for this position can be found at our website: www.CityofCR.com/Jobs
Some Examples of Essential Work:
- Plans, develops, manages and evaluates the operational processes, procedures and functions of the storm water and sanitary sewer construction and maintenance programs;
- Plans, assigns, schedules, motivates, counsels, and evaluates the work of sewer construction andprograms;
- Plans, develops, implements and monitors operational, capital improvement and capital equipment budgetary activities for the Sewer Maintenance section;
- Manages and coordinates the implementation and continued practice of cost tracking systems and continuous improvement processes for the Sewer Maintenance section;
- Develops and manages sewer basin research projects including the development of recommendations for the City’s capital improvement program;
- Manages and documents the storm water and sanitary sewer maintenance and construction processes and compliance activities;
- Plans, develops and monitors the development and implementation of construction and maintenance plan compliance with Federal and State standards;
- Reviews and analyzes methods, policies, procedures and performance to implement or recommend implementation of sewer maintenance and construction improvement systems;
- Directs flood control activities and emergency actions and serves as media liaison concerning emergency procedures;
- Reviews Federal and State standards to determine maintenance and construction requirements and develops protocols and procedures to ensure project and activity integrity;
- Serves as liaison to internal and external customers and responds to requests and inquiries concerning programs, policies, procedures, time lines, flood control and maintenance and construction services;
- Manages the development of purchasing specifications and requests for proposals for the purchase of computer, electronic and hydraulic equipment, instruments, and materials;
- Reviews, analyzes and manages technical data and develops automated information systems for the department and sewer section;
- Serves on the Water Pollution Control management team and recommends storm water and sanitary sewer, Capital Improvement, and planning projects;
- Manages preparation of program budgets and monitors operating and capital improvement expenses for maintenance and construction programs;
- Negotiates and authorizes damage payments for sewer malfunctions and back-ups;
- Interviews and recommends hiring of staff;
- Prepares, revises and proctors qualification exams for hiring and staff advancement;
- Researches issues, develops and conducts presentations and attends meetings, conferences and workshops;
- Develops and manages the sanitary sewer Preventive Maintenance System program;
- Develops and manages the detention basin inspection and repair program;
- Develops and delivers presentations and attends meetings, conferences and workshops;
- Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with City policies, procedures and safety practices;
- Attends work regularly at the designated place and time;Supports continuous process improvement initiatives;Performs related work as required.
Specific qualifications include:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in civil, mechanical or environmental engineering or closely related field; andConsiderable experience in municipal sewer design and construction management; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Required Special Qualifications:
- Certified as collection system worker level IV within 3 years of appointment.
The City of Cedar Rapids offers a supervisory training curriculum and professional development courses throughout the year. We believe in upward mobility for our employees and the diversity and size of our organization provides real opportunity for advancement - even in times of economic uncertainty.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes: free employee dental care and low cost family dental care, low cost health and prescription coverage, flexible benefits plans, 11 paid holidays, a comprehensive wellness program with free annual screenings for you and your spouse, an IPERS retirement package, deferred compensation, flexible leave and tuition reimbursement.
For more information on what it is like to experience life in Cedar Rapids or the Corridor area visit http://www.cedarrapids.org/ or www.culturalcorridor.org/index.asp.
Visit our website to download an application: www.CityofCR.com/Jobs
Submit your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications accepted until filled.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
Assistance provided to disabled individuals upon request
Equal Opportunity Employer