| Job Ref: ||
|| Organization: ||
City of Bellevue
|| Job Category: ||
Engineering and Technology
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Post Code: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
$5,649.49 - $7,794.81 Monthly
|| Post Date: || 09/03/2013 ||
Performs complex and professional engineering work assisting in the design of transportation and East Link related projects; performs a full range of engineering and alternative analyses, design calculations, cost estimating, preparation of engineering drawings and exhibits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides a variety of engineering support to the East Link project team. Identifying critical engineering issues, evaluating alternative solutions, and giving recommendations for the preferred approach; coordinates design efforts with multiple technical disciplines and completes technical review of a variety of plans, specifications, agreements, schedules, and documents.
- Performs civil engineering tasks that include the preparation of drawings, alternative analysis, specifications, reports, design calculations, permit applications, exhibits and cost estimates to produce contract drawings and specifications necessary for constructing a project.
- Coordinates assigned activities and design reviews with other departments, outside agencies, and franchise utilities; provides support to East Link project managers by identifying critical utilities conflicts, evaluating alternative relocation solutions, and providing recommendations for the preferred approach.
- Conducts feasibility, scoping, and alternative analysis for transportation projects; determines applicable codes, regulations and requirements for assigned projects.
- Coordinates the preparation of, or develops, engineering plans and specifications, coordinates recommendations based on lowest and best bids, competency of vendors and consultants and the selection criteria; oversees or assist with oversight of assigned projects to ensure contractor compliance with time and budget requirements.
- Reviews private project development plans for compliance with codes, regulations and standards.
- Analyzes and reviews East Link project proposals to ensure compliance with transportation codes, regulations and laws; advises and confers with staff on acceptable design alternatives and solutions.gn changes.
- Provides Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) support.
- Reviews permit applications for compliance with approved plans.
- Provides technical assistance in preparation of engineering exhibits, displays, and graphic designs.
- Provides project documentation support.
Supervision Received and Exercised
- Works under the general supervision of Senior Engineer or Engineering Manager.
- May supervise Technicians, Interns or temporary employees.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in civil engineering or other related fields.
- Two or more years of professional related experience in transportation engineering.
- Or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of civil engineering principles, practices and methods as applicable to a municipal setting; Considerable knowledge of applicable City policies, laws, and regulations affecting Division activities.
- Considerable skill in arriving at cost estimates on complex projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with employees, consultants, other governmental agency representatives, City officials and the general public; Ability to conduct necessary engineering research and compile comprehensive reports.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work involves walking, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 40 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet while in the office or moderately loud when in the field.
This is a 3-year limited term position.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should apply on-line at http://www.bellevuewa.gov/RegularJobs.htm and attach a cover letter and resume to the on-line application. For further information about this position, please contact Maher Welaye via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 425.452.4879. If you need technical assistance with the online application, please contact our IT helpdesk at 425.452.4340.