Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Organization:||Tazewell County||Job Category:||Engineering and Technology||Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||Illinois (IL)||City:||Tremont||Post Code:||61568||Salary and Benefits:||Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications||Post Date:||08/27/2013||
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Available: January 1, 2014
Department: Tazewell County Highway
Application Deadline: October 1, 2013
Employment Terms: Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and manages through subordinate supervisor and staff, the varied activities of the County Highway Department consisting of highway and bridge design, construction, maintenance, signing, subdivision plan review, vehicle and equipment maintenance and permits.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• Must meet the statutory requirements of 605 ILCS 5/5-201
• Must have a civil engineering background with at least 5 years practical experience in civil and highway engineering including highway construction and maintenance experience desired.
• Must be registered as a Professional Engineer disciplined in Transportation, Roadway and Bridge Construction, Construction Layout (or Land Surveying).
• Experience in FHWA & State DOT Policies and Procedures.
• Knowledge of traffic operation/drainage design and maintenance/site development review.
• Computer/technology skills desired.
Tazewell County Details:
• Highway Department Staff:
• 18 Townships
• 193 Bridges: 54 County, 139 Township
• 198 Miles
A cover letter, copy of Professional Engineer license, and a resume (including three references with contact information) must be submitted to the address below by October 1, 2013.
Greg Sinn, Chairman
c/o Tazewell County Highway Department
21308 Illinois Route 9
Tremont, IL 61568
Questions: Contact John Anderson, P.E., Tazewell County Engineer at 309-925-5532