| Organization: ||
City of Sugar Land
|| Job Category: ||
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Post Code: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
$4,563.87 - $5,246.80 Monthly
|| Post Date: || 08/20/2013 ||
The Facilities Project Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the facilities management division including direct supervision of the Facilities Maintanence staff. Under minimal supervision, performs technical review of project designs for proposed projects and prepares preliminary budget information.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Manage staff and general office activities including interviewing, selection, training, development, evaluating, disciplining and counseling of staff. Ensue staff is knowledgeable about City policies and procedures as well as state and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide seamless customer service.
- Oversee all outside contracts such as but not limited to janitorial, HVAC, pest control, elevator.
- Manage and monitor assigned projects. Tasks include: 1) oversee the Design of the Project, 2) Monitors and Reports on the status of Project Schedule, Funding and Payments, 3) Coordinate the Review of Plans, Specifications, and Estimates for Compliance with City Standards and Ordinances, and 4) Responsible for Construction Administration, Management and Inspection.
- Represent the division, attend City Council meetings as necessary, prepare and present items to City Council for consideration and approval; attend staff meetings; participate in mandated training and staff development.
- Provide exemplary customer service to all individuals by demonstrating a willingness to be attentive, understanding, responsive, fair, courteous and respectful, and to actively participate in maintain a positive customer service environment.
- Develop, coordinate, and maintain good relationships with the public, outside agencies and consultants, professional groups, and other City Departments. Assist the customers in person, by phone or email including retrieving information and files and providing general information.
- Assist the Director with long-range planning and program development, and identifying issues and recommending procedural and administrative changes.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for assigned staff; assigns work activities, projects; review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems.
- Evaluate operations, activities, and services of assigned responsibilities; establish priorities for projects and allocate resources; recommend and implement improvements and modifications; assess and improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Prepare the budget, assist in budget implementation, participate in the forecast of additional funds for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies, and administer the approved budget.
- Maintain open lines of communication with supervisor, co-workers and staff.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and guidelines. Evaluate operational control weaknesses and modify and create new procedures. Perform complex research and analyses to identify and resolve facilities management problems.
- Direct and implement system control for management of software applications. Knowledge of and ensure use of software capabilities, implements upgrades, and request and work with vendor on City requested changes.
- Attend and participate in professional meetings, seminars and conferences as directed by the Director of Support Services; to stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of purchasing.
- Attend various meetings during and outside of normal working hours as required.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree with three years project management experience or an Associate’s Degree with four years project management experience. Valid Texas Class C driver’s license.
Master Electrician License or HVACKnowledge of advanced commercial HVAC, electrical systems, mechanical systems, structural systems and applicable code requirements Supervisory experienceMunicipality experienceFacilities project management experience.
This position is open until filled and may close without notice. To apply online please visit our website at www.sugarlandtx.gov.