| Job Ref: ||
|| Organization: ||
City of Bellevue
|| Job Category: ||
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Post Code: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
$6,889.72 - $9,505.93 Monthly
|| Post Date: || 08/05/2013 ||
Manages and administers the operations and maintenance of the Traffic Signals and Streets Divisions of the Transportation Department. Directly manages both full-time and seasonal employees involved with operations and maintenance, project management, capital construction, and technical systems support staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages personnel, performance issues, disciplinary measures, and the evaluation of subordinates, operational practices and procedures. Establishes performance goals.
- Recruits, selects, supervises and evaluates technical and maintenance staff; provides direction to staff; ensures resolution of problems; sets priorities, establishes workloads and provides support in decision-making.
- Establishes and maintains a working environment conducive to positive morale, individual style, quality, creativity, and teamwork.
- Recommends policies and procedures; ensures effective implementation and adherence.
- Responds to complaints from the public and other agencies; provides quality teamwork and customer service to internal and external customers.
- Develops, monitors, and manages operation budgets.
- Administers employee safety programs
- Represents the division on department committees.
- Manages and administers risk management issues.
- Provides technical expertise and leadership in assigned functional area; provides expertise for solving more complex electrical, maintenance and system problems as appropriate to position; assists with, performs or directs more complicated repairs and projects.
Supervision Received and Exercised
- Works under the general supervision of an Assistant Director.
- Exercises supervision over professional, technical, maintenance, and administrative staff either directly or through subordinate supervisors, as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Graduation from an accredited two-year college or university with an appropriate degree for transportation operational and/or maintenance disciplines.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible related experience in field operations and/or maintenance, including supervisory or lead-worker experience.
- Or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements
- Considerable knowledge of project management principles and construction techniques.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of public and business administration as applied in a large organization.
- Skill in using a personal computer, engineering applications, and data management software in performing duties.
- Ability to organize, analyze, interpret, and evaluate problems and provide practical, cost effective solutions; ability to juggle multiple priorities; ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, contractors, and the general public, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, organize, and monitor the work and activities for self and direct reports; ability to plan, organize and monitor activities according to priorities, established schedules, and deadlines.
- Ability to provide leadership, counsel, motivation, and constructive performance reviews to staff, securing their respective commitments to the project’s goals.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work involves walking, navigating uneven surfaces common to construction sites, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet while in the office and moderately loud when in the field.
- Work may periodically require the employee to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should apply online at http://www.bellevuewa.gov/RegularJobs.htm and attach a cover letter and resume to the online application.. For further information about the job, please contact Laurie Gromala via email at email@example.com or at 425.452.6013. Questions regarding the online application process should be directed to IT Help Desk at 425.452.4340.