| Job Ref: ||
Territory Sales Manager, West US Region
|| Organization: ||
|| Job Category: ||
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Post Code: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
|| Post Date: || 07/01/2013 ||
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at HEATWURX, INC. Come learn why “HEATWURX Works” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: “To create outstanding value for dealers and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services.”
As the Territory Manager in your local market and surrounding area, you will be responsible for driving sales results for the assigned Dealer Network reporting to VP of Sales. While specific duties will vary based on the program and the specific challenges during the month, this position works directly with Dealer Territory Managers and their customers (Department of Transportation, municipalities, cities, towns, paving associations and other governmental agencies). The position requires coordination with team members, department supervisors, dealers and/or sales managers and company demonstration team as part of the process of driving sales results.
HEATWURX® is the premier developer of eco-friendly preservation and repair equipment designed to outperform alternative methods of pavement repair. As worldwide demand for sustainability continues to increase, we are committed to providing superior solutions that reduce consumption of raw materials by re-using existing asphalt, extending the life of asphalt pavements, and decreasing the costs of recurring repairs. We are proud to lead the industry with our HEATWURX® equipment and process designed to reduce CO2 emissions, while saving both time and money.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work directly with dealers and potential/existing customer’s on-location promoting company demonstrations activity or special events to drive and increase sales of the company products and services.
- Manage company demonstration team logistic operations and deployment with dealers.
- Use customer interactions as a direct method of demonstrating and educating dealers about sales techniques and the company’s new and current promotional activities.
- Schedule your time efficiently and in response to the selling opportunities within your assigned territory.
- Educate dealer management how to promote, sell the company’s products and services by directly interacting with their customers and informal trainings.
- Provide outstanding customer service to the customers, demonstrating in-depth product knowledge and maintaining company’s presentation standards.
- Provide exceptional company service and follow-up with all dealers and customers.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with your assigned dealer locations (including rental stores) and customer’s through personal integrity, sales and product expertise. (In some cases, must be able to efficiently manage and maintain all dealer branches in assigned territory. Some experience in territory mapping could be helpful.)
- Provide new marketing materials and merchandising to stimulate sales of the company products and services through training with dealer employees.
- Submit web-based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) reports within 24 hours of conducting field activities.
Desired Skills & Experience
College Degree, AA / BA or 5 years equivalent relevant experience.
2-3 Years of direct construction equipment sales experience.
Previous negotiation experience and knowledge of paving construction machinery business required in local market.
Proven ability to engage DOT (Department of Transportation), municipalities and city folks (other Governmental Agencies) and paving associations.
Knowledge of paving products desirable.
Extremely organized and have extraordinary time management skills.
Strong presentation abilities.Excellent written and verbal communications.
Demonstrate strong and effective selling skills.
Proven ability to build strong working relationships with managers, sales associates and others in the industry.
Developed interpersonal skills to be able to initiate dialogue and engage sales personnel and customers.
Must be flexible enough to respond positively to changes in schedule based on the needs of the company.Working and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Using a CRM, “Salesforce” CRM strongly preferred as this will be the CRM used on a daily basis.
Acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license required.
Work within and promotes corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Must perform the job safely and utilize proper safety techniques and use of equipment when appropriate.
Background check required.
Overnight National and Canada travel may be required- 50-70%.
Valid passport for travel to Canada and Mexico.