Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Organization:||Washington County - Oregon||Job Category:||Facilities||Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||Oregon (OR)||City:||Hillsboro||Post Code:||97124||Salary and Benefits:||$8,528 - $10,363 per month||Post Date:||06/28/2013||
This is an exceptional opportunity to provide leadership and oversight to WashingtonCounty's Facilities and Parks Division, where great pride is taken in the construction, maintenance and repair of nearly 30 County owned buildings (over 1.3 million square feet), grounds, parks and associated hardscape.
The Facilities Manager works in close collaboration with the following direct reports:
• Facilities Superintendent - plans, organizes and provides leadership to a workforce of four supervisors with a total of nineteen technical staff members dedicated to maintaining and repairing County buildings and grounds through providing Electrical, HVAC/Plumbing, General Maintenance and Groundskeeping services.
• Parks Supervisor – oversees operations and provides leadership to a workforce of two park rangers, two park maintenance technicians, one administrative support and six seasonal employees, which sustain three parks.
• Sr. Management Analyst – provides budgetary oversight for the entire division and leadership to four accounting and administrative employees supporting operational activities for the division.
• Capital Improvement Project Manager - manages the development and construction of capital improvement projects for the agencies' operation needs and supervises one CAD Systems Specialist.
• Real Property Management Specialist - develops the County owned real property management program.
The work of the division is accomplished with a blended compliment of County staff and outside contractors. County staff provides the majority of services through a highly qualified contingent of technical staff. Outside contractors are used for specialized services and workflow fluctuations. This combination provides quality services that are cost effective and responsive to customer needs.
The Facilities and Parks Manager is responsible for an operating budget of $13 million and an overall staff of 39 regular employees.
Successful candidates will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering, Public or Business Administration, Construction Management or a related field and at least five years of facility management experience. The experience must have included the management of a facility program with multiple commercial buildings and property holdings similar to the size and complexity ofWashingtonCounty.
The application period for this vacancy begins July 29, 2013 and ends on July 26, 2013.
Pay range is $8528 - $10,363 per month. We offer a collaborative culture in which to grow your career and a comprehensive benefits package. For a more information and to apply on-line, please visit our Human Resources page at www.co.washington.or.us, or
155 N.First Ave.,Ste.270
Equal opportunity employer with commitment to a diverse workforce.