Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Organization:||Missouri Department of Transportation (MODOT)||Job Category:||Other||Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||Missouri (MO)||City:||Lee's Summit||Post Code:||64086||Salary and Benefits:||Minimum Monthly Salary = $4,463.00||Post Date:||04/25/2013||
District Safety and Health Manager
The district safety and health manager coordinates district safety, health, environmental, and risk management programs.
Special Working Conditions/Job Characteristics:
Examples of Work:
• Coordinates, develops, and provides training regarding safety and health to district employees.
• Investigates loss or exposure for fleet vehicle, general liability, and property damage; may negotiate settlement of claims for fleet vehicle and general liability following statewide guidelines.
• Coordinates filing and administration of workers' compensation claims with the Risk Management Division, including initial reporting and follow-up; investigates claims to assist in the determination of causation and the eligibility of benefits information to the assigned claims specialist.
• Conducts or directs the investigation of incidents involving department employees to determine cause and makes recommendations for prevention in the future.
• Maintains district safety records and publishes and reviews reports with district managers and supervisors.
• Consults and advises district management and supervisors on matters related to the administration of the department's risk management policies.
• Serves as a resource for security issues and emergencies such as hazardous spills, radiation contaminations, post-accident drug/alcohol testing, and disasters; completes hazardous materials reports, assists with district spill plans, and coordinates burn permits.
• Inspects workplace to identify fire/safety hazards, unsafe practices, or exposures to occupational disease.
• Promotes general safe work habits; administers the safety recognition program; coordinates and organizes the district safety committee following statewide guidelines.
• Assists district management with the implementation and coordination of department processes involving employee occupational health programs; oversees the Safety Quality Assurance programs such as hazard assessments, work zone audits, and safety training program consistency and quality.
• Prepares annual budget for risk management activities and staff.
• Manages environmental compliance programs per applicable federal, state and local laws.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
In order to be considered for this vacancy please go to the Missouri Department of Transportation Employment Application System (EAS) and submit an on-line application. Applications, and if applicable transcripts, must be received by no later than 11:55 pm of the closing date listed on the advertised vacancy.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V