If you are seeking a way to become familiar with the EnvisionTM Sustainable Infrastructure Rating System, then you should check out the EnvisionTM Checklist.
The Envision™ Checklist is an educational tool that helps users become familiar with the sustainability aspects of infrastructure project design. It can be used as a stand-alone assessment to quickly compare project alternatives or to prepare for a more detailed assessment.
The Envision™ Checklist is structured as a series of Yes/No questions based on the Envision™ rating system. It organized into five categories and fourteen subcategories. Every infrastructure project has an important impact on all five Envision™ categories.
Envision™ provides a holistic framework for evaluating and rating the community, environmental, and economic benefits of all types and sizes of infrastructure projects. It evaluates, grades, and gives recognition to infrastructure projects that use transformational, collaborative approaches to assess the sustainability indicators over the course of the project's life cycle. Envision™ can be used by infrastructure owners, design teams, community groups, environmental organizations, constructors, regulators, and policy makers to:
- Meet sustainability goals.
- Be publicly recognized for high levels of achievement in sustainability.
- Help communities and project teams to collaborate and discuss, "Are we doing the right project?" and, "Are we doing the project right?".
- Make decisions about the investment of scarce resources.
- Include community priorities in civil infrastructure projects.
The Envision™ tools help the project design team:
- Assess costs and benefits over the project lifecycle.
- Evaluate environmental benefits.
- Use outcome-based objectives.
- Reach higher levels of sustainability achievement.
Envision™ has assessment tools that can be used for infrastructure projects of all types, sizes, complexities, and locations.
If you have used the Checklist we would love to hear about your expierences with it. You can either post a comment to this blog explaining your expierences using the Checklist or you can email Julia Anastasio at email@example.com.