Be sure to visit the Congress Bookstore
We're brushing off our "B" words in the APWA Marketing Department to announce the 2002 Congress Bookstore: It's BACK; it's BIGGER; it's BETTER; and it's a BARGAIN.
As you develop your personal itinerary for Congress, don't forget to plug in a couple of stops at the Congress Bookstore located in the 300 lobby of the Kansas City Convention Center. In our expanded Bookstore you'll find the latest APWA publications, videos, and other educational and reference materials available for purchaseâ€”nearly 100 items from which to choose. As always, making your purchase at Congress will allow you to receive a 10 percent discountâ€”and shipping and handling are free if you don't want to carry all those bags of books home with you!
Look for These New Publications
Exciting new publications from APWA or other publishers include:
Greater Efficiency and Shorter Lines
- Taking Charge! The Captain's Guide to Developing Effective Leading and Managing Skills (by Bill Cook, author of Public Works Performance Management and Performance Measurement in Public Works)
- Infrastructure Asset Management (a discussion of the goals, philosophy, principles and practical methods and tools that can be used for public works "asset management" by Andrew Lemer, Ph.D.)
- Field Manual on Sediment and Erosion Control: Best Management Practices for Contractors and Inspectors (Forester Communications)
- Spec Writing 101 â€” A Quick Guide to Purchasing Public Works Vehicles and Equipment (by APWA Fleet Services Committee)
- Fleet Manager's Top 10 Performance Measures (by APWA Fleet Services Committee)
- An Interview with Myron D. Calkins (Public Works Oral History Interview Number 12)
- Army Engineers' Contributions to the Development of Iron Construction in the Nineteenth Century (Essays in Public Works History #21)
A new feature in the Bookstore will be automated credit card approval and order form fill-in, which should decrease your wait in the checkout line and speed up the process for mailing your orders after Congress. No fewer than four APWA departments (Marketing, Accounting, Meetings, and Information Technology) have been consulting for months to take the Bookstore into the 21st Century and make your shopping experience more customer-friendly.
Be sure to stop by and give us a try!
The Bookstore schedule provides Congress attendees with a full 30 hours of opportunity to browse and shop.
Sunday, September 22
8:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
Monday, September 23
8:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, September 24
8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, September 25
8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Remember, the Bookstore accepts cash, checks, government purchase orders, and MasterCard or Visa.