Start planning now for 2001 Congress
If you aren’t going to make it to the APWA Congress this year, it’s not
too early to begin planning for next year’s Congress in Philadelphia,
Pennsylvania, September 9-12, 2001.For people looking for the proper rationale on which to base their request to
attend the 2001 Congress, 30 of the most popular reasons for going are listed
- Network with your peers.
- Learn from experts in every area of public works.
- Supplement your agency’s training program.
- Get a close look at state-of-the-art equipment.
- Learn about the latest technological improvements.
- Find solutions to your most perplexing problems.
- Participate in interactive workshops.
- Find ways to stretch your resources with new ideas and innovations.
- Attend “hands-on” demonstrations of equipment.
- Save time and money by comparison shopping under one roof.
- Earn CEU credits for increased performance capabilities.
- Discuss current regulatory trends.
- Participate in Peer Discussion Forums.
- Come home with practical solutions for critical issues.
- Get the latest word on legislative issues.
- Gain tips on working with federal agencies.
- Meet consultants and private-sector representatives from every area of
- Gather concise and relevant information on a variety of topics quickly.
- Join with fellow advocates of public works issues.
- Put professional challenges in perspective.
- Take home the best of ideas and innovations.
- Participate in professional development sessions for job advancement.
- Get the broad view of issues surrounding current projects.
- Participate in roundtable discussions on new topics.
- Find out what works and what doesn’t.
- Get answers to questions from people who know.
- Pick and choose from a variety of practical tips.
- Talk shop with people who understand your problems.
- Meet proven problem-solvers in public works.
- Network with international public works professionals.
Remember, whatever year you attend the APWA Congress & Exposition, it’s
“the best show in public works”!