| Organization: ||
City of Huntington Beach
|| Job Category: ||
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Post Code: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
$4842 - $5999 Monthly
|| Post Date: || 09/03/2014 ||
Under general supervision, the Survey Technician II performs office and field land surveying and engineering work.
- Participates in the work of a field survey crew; operates theodolite, level, and electronic survey and data collection instruments
- Collects digital data pertaining to lines, corners, elevations, grades, curves or other surveys and enters data collected using AutoCAD systems
- Operates a geographic positioning satellite receiver to accurately stakeout assigned projects and to collect accurate data pertaining to the City’s infrastructure system
- Updates the geographical information systems database
- Files, indexes and researches survey documents, assists in setting survey monuments and accessories to the same tie points
- Accurately measures distances and sketches what was set and measured
- Performs stakeout operations for construction surveying
- Assists or performs computations and calculations for various projects including legal description preparation and Records of Survey and Corner Records
- Observes standard operating practices and safety procedures; identifies and corrects safety hazards
- Operates a vehicle in the course and scope of work
- Performs related duties as assigned
Education: High school diploma or equivalent (GED), supplemented by two years’ formal education in an accredited land surveying or related program or the equivalent number of college-level courses in civil engineering, land surveying or other closely related field.
Experience: Three (3) years’ field surveying experience.
Certifications/License: A valid California driver license and an acceptable driving record are required.
Completion of the state-accredited Apprenticeship-Surveying/Chief of Party program or Land Surveyor-in-Training (LSIT) or Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate issued by the State of California
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: For full details, benefits information, and to APPLY ONLINE, visit www.huntingtonbeachca.gov/jobs and select the link for "Full Time Jobs Available". Only online applications accepted by deadline of 9/16/14 at 5:00 pm PT.