| Organization: ||
|| Job Category: ||
Director Public Works
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
$88,750-$110,520 + vehicle/or car allowance, benefits
|| Post Date: || 08/29/2014 ||
- Directs the activities of the Public Works Department by overseeing four divisions; Engineering, Development, Road Maintenance and Facilities Management. The Engineering division is responsible for providing construction design, review, and management of the County urban road system and other County capital improvements. The Road Maintenance division is further divided into three units; road maintenance, construction, and vehicle maintenance. The road maintenance and construction units maintain and reconstruct 425 miles of roads, 83 bridges, and 1,600 culverts. The Development division is responsible for planning and zoning, code enforcement, sewer service, food & health inspections. The Facility Management division is responsible for the overall maintenance, minor remodeling and operational capabilities of County facilities.
- Plans, implements, and monitors an annual budget of over ten million dollars, and is responsible for inter-government management as the coordinator for emergency management administration and participates in the American Public Works Association and other regional committees.
- Represents the County with the Solid Waste Management District as a member of the Mid-America Regional Council’s (MARC) Executive Board. The employee also represents the County with transportation management as a member of the MARC Total Transportation Policy Committee.
- Appointed by the County Executive, however, the position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Public Administration or other related field and have seven to ten years supervisory experience in Public Works.
- Must submit to/pass pre-employment drug screen/background check. Non-smokers preferred.