Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Ref:||14PW12||Organization:||City of Fremont||Job Category:||Engineering and Technology||Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||California (CA)||City:||Fremont||Post Code:||94537||Salary and Benefits:||$117,111 - $158,100 DOQ||Post Date:||08/13/2014||
The Assistant City Engineer is a management level classification who will report to the City Engineer and will be responsible to manage and implement the City's Capital Improvement Plan and large scale Engineering projects. Additionally, the Assistant City Engineer will assist the City Engineer and lead multiple Engineering sections and act as the City Engineer as assigned.
· Recommend and implement goals and objectives; establish performance standards and methods of design, construction and administration of Capital Projects and large special projects.
· Plan, direct, and manage the work of staff involved in the performance of professional and paraprofessional office and field activities in the engineering division.
· Manage preparation of the bi-annual update of the five year capital improvement plan.
· Coordinate activities of the engineering division with other department divisions, city departments, and outside public and private entities.
· Establish and refine scope of work, project budgets, timelines, design criteria and construction of all Public Works projects assigned to the section.
· Manage or oversee the management of projects from beginning to end; ensures adequate coverage of all projects by assigning project managers and inspectors.
· Participate in budget preparation and administration; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; monitor and control expenditures.
· Participate in the resolution of contract disputes, public meetings on public works projects, and the screening and selection of consultants.
Prepare or direct the preparation and presentation of reports for the City Manager and the City Council