Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Organization:||City of Wauwatosa||Job Category:||Engineering and Technology||Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||Wisconsin (WI)||City:||Wauwatosa||Post Code:||53213||Salary and Benefits:||Competitive - to be discussed||Post Date:||08/12/2014||
The City of Wauwatosa is much more than an employer – it’s a community. The City of Wauwatosa is a progressive, full-service municipal organization. Be a part of a team that strives to find new and better ways to improve our residents’ experiences.
We hire people with strong technical skills and who embrace change and who are ready to help make Wauwatosa a better, stronger community. We're also looking for more than just technical skills. All of our employees are leaders of different varieties and we place as much emphasis on leadership as technical skills.
We are currently seeking two Civil Engineers. One of the positions has a current emphasis primarily on utility design. The other position has a current emphasis primarily on site plan reviews.
The following are normal for the position but shall not be construed as exclusive or inclusive. Other related duties may be required and assigned.
• Designs public works projects, such as sanitary sewers, storm sewers, water mains, sidewalks, streets, parking areas, and special projects.
• Reviews private development plans for conformance with City code requirements and vision of the City.
• Prepares plans, specifications, cost estimates, and bidding documents for public works projects.
• Acquires State and Federal permits.
• Maintains records of public works construction.
• Promotes and maintains positive departmental public relations and image with customers, which include other City departments and staff, contractors, developers, property owners, and the community in general.
• Writes request for proposals, contracts and specifications.
• Reviews new plats, surveys, and plans for compliance with specifications and adopted city plans.
• Reviews and comments on plans prepared by consultant engineers.
• Prepares assessments to property owners and billings to other agencies.
• Determines and ensures compliance with state and local requirements on public works projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program required.
• Three to five years of related experience preferred.
• Experience in design in an urban environment strongly preferred.
• Wisconsin Professional Engineer Registration must be obtained within twelve (12) months from date of hire.
• A valid Wisconsin Driver’s License is required.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of public works design, drafting, surveying and construction.
• Knowledge of sanitary sewer, storm sewer and water main design software and AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
1. Self-Directed and Time Management Skills
2. Project Management and Results Oriented
3. Team Player
4. Communication and Interpersonal Skills
5. Analytical Skills and Problem Solving
The City of Wauwatosa reserves the right to utilize equivalencies where deemed appropriate with regard to education and experience requirements.
This position receives supervision and direction from the Senior Civil Engineer.
Interested applicants should apply to our website: www.wauwatosa.net. The application deadline is 4:30pm on Friday, 9/5/14.