| Organization: ||
Helix Water District
|| Job Category: ||
Engineering and Technology
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Post Code: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
$119,676 - $152,748/annually
|| Post Date: || 08/11/2014 ||
HELIX WATER DISTRICT in La Mesa, CA (located in East San Diego County), is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to join their management team. The Engineering Manager is an exempt, management-level classification reporting to the Director of Engineering. He/she provides direction and leadership to the engineering design staff and is responsible for a variety of duties including but not limited to:
- Plans, organizes, controls, integrates and evaluates the work of a unit or project team of professional and technical staff; with staff, develops, implements and monitors work plans to achieve the division’s goals and objectives; contributes to the development of and monitors performance against the annual department budget; supervises and participates in developing, implementing and evaluating plans, work processes, systems and procedures to achieve annual goals, objectives and work standards; assists in the development and implementation of engineering standards and priorities.
- Manages consultants and contracts as required for engineering, design and related activities.
- Administers contracts, mediates problems, interprets plans and specifications, resolves contractor disputes, negotiates change orders, evaluates claims associated with construction contracts and serves as a representative of the district with contractors, consultants and others.
- May assist in the preparation of a variety of studies and reports relating to current and long-range district improvement needs and develops specific proposals to meet them; may assist in the development of project management activities for a variety of capital improvement, maintenance and developer projects, including the review of plans, specifications and designs; develops estimates and schedules; coordinates inspections and project monitoring programs.
- Prepares board reports and conducts presentations at board meetings as required.
- Administers the design and preparation of major capital projects utilizing consulting engineering firms or in-house staff; prepares costs estimates; reviews drawings and specifications for compliance with district standards; interprets specifications and district policies and initiates or reviews change orders; prepares periodic project status reports; may sign final plans for district engineer.
Candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university with a degree in civil, electrical, mechanical or structural engineering. Seven years of professional engineering experience, including engineering experience working on water utility related projects, three years of which are in an administrative and supervisory capacity. Must have a valid certificate of registration as a professional engineer issued by the State of California.
The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment and demonstrated record of excellence leading a team. The candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to mentor, coach, influence and motivate staff to accomplish goals and objectives.
To Join Our Team
Complete and submit an online application along with the supplemental questions at http://www.hwd.com/jobs/index.htm.
For a complete job description and benefit package, please visit the Employment Center at www.hwd.com. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the district application.
This position will be open until filled.