| Organization: ||
Town of Frederick
|| Job Category: ||
Water and Sewers: Stormwater
Engineering and Technology
| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Post Code: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package Available
|| Post Date: || 06/30/2014 ||
The Engineer II is a professional engineering position with the Town of Frederick. Under the direction of the Engineering and Utilities Director, assist in developing and implementing the Town’s Storm Water Management Program; prepare for and maintain compliance with the E.P.A’s National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) requirements and assist with floodplain management. The work involves coordinating the design and construction of drainage and flood improvements projects within the Storm Water Utility boundaries with in-house staff and outside consultants / contractors. Duties also include detailed plan review and construction inspection for compliance. Work includes similar duties as they apply to the Town’s transportation system. An employee in this position must demonstrate specialized technical knowledge in specific areas and exercise judgment within established organizational values, policies and procedures.
KEY DUTIES / JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares, and/or coordinates through outside consultants, the design of capital storm water and transportation projects.
- Manages the construction of capital storm water and transportation improvements to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Conducts site inspections. Monitors and ensures conformance of construction in compliance with the approved engineering plans specifications on assigned projects. Responsible for coordinating the resolution of conflicts when the construction plans are not accordance with the criteria or existing field conditions.
- Provides quality assurance for transportation, storm drainage and erosion control criteria related to residential and commercial development.
- Reviews engineering and surveying plans, studies, and reports.
- Schedules and coordinates maintenance operations through in-house staff or private contractors.
- Independently research records for all pertinent information relating to development proposals. Formulate conditions of approval and itemize technical corrections associated with transportation and storm drainage issues on planning and zoning applications.
- Ensure compliance with approved plans and adopted standards by performing construction inspections on new public improvements, including waterlines, sewer lines, storm sewer, roadways, curb and gutter, and sidewalks.
- Display a competent, working knowledge of transportation and storm drainage engineering principles and analytical methods in written and verbal communications with professional peers.
- Articulately and respectfully discuss the conditions of approval at Planning Commission and Town Board public hearings. Provide constructive input for the periodic updates to adopted standards and policies.
- Maintain system maps and facilities database for transportation and storm drainage systems using AutoCAD and GIS software. Compile and maintain records for storm water runoff quality and erosion control plans.
- Maintain a model of the Town’s storm water system, using current hydrologic and hydraulic computer models, to provide for runoff flow modeling and to predict the effects of new developments on the overall system.
- Review new development submittals for adherence to proper storm drainage criteria and Town adopted master plans for long-term planning of storm drainage infrastructure improvements.
- Assists other engineering staff in conducting studies and preparing technical reports such as specifications, contract documents and cost estimates for construction bids.
- Perform basic field surveys to collect information for design or verify construction of improvements. Assists with special projects and performs related work as required.
All applicants must sumbit an online application in order to be considered for this position. Please visit our website at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/frederickco/default.cfm for a complete job description and to submit an application.