Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Organization:||City of Rapid City||Job Category:||Engineering and Technology||Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||South Dakota (SD)||City:||Rapid City||Post Code:||57701||Salary and Benefits:||$2,573.00 - $3,175.00 Biweekly||Post Date:||05/15/2014||
Performs Civil Engineering analysis, contract administration and construction management in the design and research of traffic signals, traffic control signing, street lighting, pavement markings, and pedestrian safety; coordinates with other City Departments and the School District.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
1. Assigns, plans, supervises and evaluates day-to-day operations, activities and procedures to ensure the timely maintenance of traffic signals, street lighting, traffic control and construction signing, and pavement markings.
2. Prepares and presents at public meetings traffic studies and analysis and provides recommendations.
3. Designs, prepares and checks plans and specifications, and acts as Project Engineer during the installation of traffic signals and roadway lighting, street and construction signing, pavement markings and street intersections and realignment and other traffic projects.
4. Reviews traffic impact studies and traffic control construction plans for City and development projects.
5. Reviews temporary traffic control plans for City and development construction projects.
6. Coordinates with other Public Works Divisions and City Departments.
7. Prepares and administers budget for the traffic control and street lighting operations.
8. Maintains inventories of City traffic signals, street lighting, traffic control signing, and pavement markings