Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Organization:||Washington County - Oregon||Job Category:||
|Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||Oregon (OR)||City:||Hillsboro||Post Code:||97124||Salary and Benefits:||Pay range is $6561 - $7899 per month. We offer a collaborative culture in which to grow your career and a comprehensive benefits package.||Post Date:||04/25/2014||
The Planning and Development Services Division within our Department of Land Use and Transportation has an exceptional opportunity to join their Building Services team. This professional engineering position is responsible for reviewing complex architectural and structural construction documents and civil engineering related design for compliance with code.
Washington County and the Portland metropolitan area are nationally recognized as being among the most livable areas in the country. Located on the western edge of Portland, Washington County is the second largest and fastest growing urban county in Oregon, with approximately 540,000 citizens. The community is Oregon's most ethnically diverse, drawing from Europe, Central and South America, Asia, Indo-China, the Pacific nations and Africa. Residents and institutions alike reflect a global perspective.
Washington County encompasses 727 square miles, with 12 incorporated cities including Hillsboro, Beaverton, Tigard and Tualatin, along with a large urban unincorporated population. Focused residential and industrial growth has enabled the county to preserve more than 80% of its agricultural and forestlands with the nationally acclaimed Urban Growth Boundary.
The community enjoys excellent schools, and a uniquely diverse array of cultural and recreational activities. With only an hour's drive west to the beach, or east to the Cascades and a half-hour to downtown Portland. Washington County enjoys the benefits of a healthy urban and rural environment. Light rail and commuter rail links our cities, and vibrant station area communities are growing around them.
The county's developed regions are home to traditional suburban and new-mixed use neighborhoods, electronics leaders such as Intel, IBM and Tektronix, major new biotech (Genentech) and solar energy (Solar World) plants, and world headquarters for both Nike and Columbia Sportswear. Intel's investment in Washington County exceeds that of any Intel site worldwide. Outside the Urban Growth Boundary, the county transitions to nurseries, wineries and other farm and forest enterprises.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Review of structural engineering plans and calculations for commercial, industrial, and residential projects in accordance with the state codes and accepted structural engineering standards and practices.
2. Identify design problems and deficiencies; request revisions or supportive calculations from submitting firms; suggest alternative structural components or designs.
3. Review civil engineering related design projects in accordance with County codes and standards.
4. Provide support for civil engineering and site design related work to land development staff as needed.
5. Answer inquiries from department personnel and the public concerning building regulations and structural and civil engineering design matters.
6. Coordinate and administers special inspection programs in accordance with state code; reviews special inspection requirements for commercial, industrial, and residential projects; works with Building Services Division staff to resolve inspection items that are not in compliance with state codes and the project plans and specifications.
7. Perform site observation visits on commercial, industrial, and residential projects to observe potential construction conflicts and/or general construction progress towards complying with state codes and the project plans and specifications.
8. Provide technical training to commercial and residential plan reviewers and inspectors on applicable state code, structural and civil engineering principles, details and construction practices.
9. Supervise commercial and residential plans examiners performing general supervisory functions including work assignments, review of work products, mentoring and performance evaluations.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: Successful candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree in structural or civil engineering and four years of progressively responsible experience in engineering or plans examination.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
• Professional Engineers License (Issued by Oregon State Board of Examiners for Engineering and Land Surveying) in civil or structural engineering is required at time of appointment (hire).
• Oregon A level plans examiner certificate, or apply for and pass both the Oregon Inspector Certificate and ICC commercial building plans examiner certificate within six months after appointment (hire).
The application period for this vacancy begins April 26, 2014 and ends on May 16, 2014.
Pay range is $6561 - $7899 per month. We offer a collaborative culture in which to grow your career and a comprehensive benefits package. For more information and to apply on-line, please visit our Human Resources page at www.co.washington.or.us, or
Washington County Human Resources
155 N. First Ave., Ste. 270
Hillsboro, OR 97124
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce.