| Organization: ||
City of Midland
|| Job Category: ||
Engineering and Technology
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
$4,055 monthly or DOQ
|| Post Date: || 04/10/2014 ||
Scope of Work:
Manage and oversee the consulting and/or construction of engineering projects. Projects include roadway, drainage, and utility projects as assigned by the management team of Engineering Services. Responsible for coordination and completion of each project and will perform a variety of tasks including assessing needs, defining requirements, setting deadlines, acting as staff liaison, and monitoring and summarizing progress of the project.
The items below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an individual assigned to this position. These are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified in this position. The position description is subject to change by the City as the needs of the City and requirements of the position change.
- Supervises multiple engineering improvement projects though design or construction, manages studies associated with project such as drainage reports, environmental assessment mitigation reports, and traffic studies.
- Establish coordination meetings with consultants, contractors, and staff.
- Distributes plans for staff and/or consultant review, provides status reports of project(s) to City staff, Mayor or Council, and constituents.
- Facilitates public meetings for citizens participation in the planning process.
- Assist with the QA/QC process of the plan review to promote a thorough review.
- Prepares written and oral reports of proposed improvement projects.
- Aid in the scheduling of project deliverables.
- Monitors time and dollar expenditures to ensure projects and budgets meet established targets.
- Reviews policies and procedures to ensure that City policies are followed.
- Reconciles conflicts within and between staff regarding resources, deadlines, and standards.
- Maintains responsibility for the overall success of assigned projects.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to sit, stand, and transport self from building to building.
- Ability to retrieve files from bottom and top drawers of file cabinets.
- Ability to use a computer to read and write for the majority of the required work.
- Knowledge of capabilities, limitations, and functional applications of engineering related methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of plan preparation and design.
- Knowledge of Engineering Services policies, guidelines, standards, and specifications.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Ability to organize and monitor time and dollar expenditures for tasks performed.
- Ability to produce written documents summarizing comments throughout the review process.
- Ability to provide written and oral presentation.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other City employees.
- Excellent organizational, documentation, and oral and written communication skills.
Minimum Education, Experience, and Certification: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Public Administration, or equivalent experience and three years of responsible project management experience. Municipal experience preferred. Valid Texas Driver's License required.