| Organization: ||
City of Bedford
|| Job Category: ||
Water and Sewers
| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
|| Post Date: || 02/27/2014 ||
Plans, prioritizes, assigns, supervises, reviews, and participates in the work of staff responsible for the repair and maintenance activities for the City’s utility, drainage, streets and sidewalk infrastructure. Establishes schedules and methods for conducting projects and activities; identifies resource needs; reviews needs with other appropriate management staff; and, allocates resources accordingly.
• Ten years of increasingly responsible experience in public works maintenance, construction and repair activities, including five (5) years of supervisory experience; a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Business Administration, Public Administration, or similar field; or, combination of education and experience.
• Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
• Must have advanced knowledge of personal computers.
• Advanced knowledge of street, utility, and drainage operation.
• Knowledge of major types of construction, materials and methods.
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex programs.
• Must possess TCEQ Class C Water and TCEQ Class II Wastewater Collection licenses or be able to obtain required licenses within a six month period.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
• Ability to select, train, motivate and evaluate personnel; must meet with workers to correct deficiencies; implement corrective action and termination procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of functional, as well as legal ramifications of land use and development control ordinances, and state and local laws.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
• Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Applications are available online (www.bedfordtx.gov) at Public Works, 1813 Reliance Parkway, or at City Hall, 2000 Forest Ridge, Bedford, TX, 76021.
The City of Bedford is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer