| Organization: ||
|| Job Category: ||
Water and Sewers
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
|| Post Date: || 02/13/2014 ||
Municipal Technologies is looking for a qualified individual to fill a contract position with a
governmental client in South Florida. This is a full time position within the private sector and not a public sector job.
This is responsible professional work involving assisting the Public Works Director in directing, managing, supervising, and coordinating the activities and operations of the Public Works Department.
Work includes contract administration and development, research, analysis, compliance monitoring, problem resolution, and other related duties as assigned relating to the day-to-day operations and long range planning in the Public Works Department.
Provides highly responsible and complex technical support to the Director. Communicate well with others in both technical and non-technical terms; prepare accurate and reliable reports containing findings, recommendations, and technical documentation. Work involves a wide variety of duties relating to functions of municipal public works management and operations and the related contract provider services. Management coordination responsibilities focus on maintaining the city’s superior contract management performance by focusing on planning, measuring results as well as developing the appropriate monitoring and accountability tools. Emphasis of this work includes project management, collecting, monitoring, analyzing and summarizing information into a professional work product with observations and recommendations. Work is assigned by the Public Works Director and is evaluated on the basis of results obtained.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Performs program analysis and evaluation, organizational and analytical research.
- Develops, coordinate and administer the asset management/work order/computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Initiates, develops and manage work flow procedures and design reports for city’s (CMMS) for public works/utility operations.
- Develops, organizes and conducts specialized research projects, including data collection and analysis.
- Administer and evaluate operations of SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) system; glean and develop proper reporting and present recommendations to the Director.
- Uses the advanced features of the Microsoft excel and word software in producing professional documents, reports, charts and analyses.
- Monitor detailed work plans and deliverables and related materials for performance compliance of contract partners. Prepares interim project status reports and attends status meetings; attends final deliverable presentations.
- Conducts interviews, collects, analyzes and summarizes data, prepares flow diagrams, charts and tables, develops recommendations and observations, and prepares descriptive information and reports.
- Coordinates with GIS Coordinator to produce graphical representation of analyses and integrate in CMMS system.
- Performs special projects as assigned by Public Works Director
- Create and design forms in word and excel utilizing the advanced features of the software.
- Represents the Public Works Department at assigned meetings with external agencies.
- Reviews standard operating procedures and practices in order to develop and recommend adoption of improved procedures, forms, record keeping practices, etc.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and to work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality customer service.
- Maintains confidentiality as required.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Engineering or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Must have at least seven (7) years of progressively responsible technical and managerial work experience primarily involving the following: public works and utilities operation; the implementation and administration of Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS); SCADA operations, maintenance and management; project management of municipal construction and installation systems/equipment; the analysis, planning and development of programs, policies, operations, methods or procedures; the development of SOPs in order to meet program, policy, or organizational, to expedite work, to effect economies of time, money, personnel and equipment, or to otherwise assist in the solution of administrative and management problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods and practices of Engineering.
- Knowledge of city government including organizational structure and operations.
- Extensive knowledge working knowledge of computerized maintenance management system