Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Ref:||1304722||Organization:||University of California Santa Cruz||Job Category:||
|Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||California (CA)||City:||Santa Cruz||Post Code:||95064||Salary and Benefits:||Unspecified||Post Date:||01/03/2014||
MEP Construction Project Manager
JOB #: 1304722
FULL TIME; CAREER
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Under the direction of Campus Engineer, incumbent performs project management for construction projects where the primary scope is mechanical, electrical, and piping (MEP) systems. The projects may be new or retrofit including work inside buildings and exterior underground utilities. Project scope may also include associated architectural, civil, and landscape. Project management assignments will typically be from project inception through completion. Responsibilities may include: 1) the conceptual phase including engineering studies, defining initial scope and budget, setting design criteria, obtaining project approvals 2) The design phase including managing A&E design consultants, coordinating stakeholder meetings, coordinating plan reviews, compiling bid documents, budget reconciliation, value engineering, and obtaining final approvals 3) The construction phase including soliciting bids, awarding contracts, schedule management, submittal reviews, OAC meetings, utility shut down coordination, coordinating inspections, progress payment review, change order negotiations, budget management, start-up, commissioning, and contract close out.
Job emphasis will be on achieving MEP systems that meet the functional design requirements, are reliable, easily maintained, energy and water efficient, have low visual impact, and have a long operating life. Turnover of fully functioning MEP systems to campus operation personnel (Physical Plant) is a high priority.
MEP systems to be worked on may include HVAC, BMS, plumbing, process piping, fire protection, lab equipment, power, telecom, life safety, elevators, and campus underground utilities including: water, sewer, gas, storm, district heating, district cooling, medium voltage power, and telecom.
• Bachelor's degree with major in construction project management, engineering, architecture, or a related discipline.
• Minimum of 6 years progressively responsible experience in MEP construction project management.
• Ability to administer a construction contract through all phases of construction including: contract document assembly, budget estimating, obtaining approvals, bidding, addendums, contract award, submittals, scheduling, progress meetings, contact enforcement, change order negotiations, commissioning, punch list, contract closeout, budget reconciliation, and enforcing the warranty period. Ability to interpret contract requirements consistent with public work contract law and university policy.
• Technical familiarity with at least 5 of the MEP systems (HVAC, BMS, plumbing, process piping, fire protection, lab equipment, power, telecom, life safety, elevators, and campus underground utilities including: water, sewer, gas, storm, district heating, district cooling, medium voltage power, and telecom) including typical design criteria, typical system configurations, typical system components and materials, typical provisions for maintenance, typical installation methods, typical inspections, typical start-up and commissioning procedures.
• Ability to read MEP technical plans and specifications including knowledge of typical drawing and specification packages.
Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 01-14-2014
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (http://jobs.ucsc.edu ) on or before the initial review date. Computers are available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources office located at 1201 Shaffer Road, Santa Cruz. For further information or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.