Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Ref:||565-04||Organization:||City of Fort Lauderdale||Job Category:||
Engineering and Technology
|Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||Florida (FL)||City:||Fort Lauderdale||Post Code:||33301||Salary and Benefits:||$67,080.00 - $94,785.60 Annually||Post Date:||11/12/2013||
This is professional and administrative work of more than average difficulty managing and inspecting municipal public works and utilities operations construction projects within the City.
Employees in this class analyze and design water and wastewater plant structures, park and recreation structures, fire stations, warehouses, commercial buildings, bridges, maintenance facilities, marine structures (sea walls, quay walls, boat ramps, etc.) and communication towers. Work requires advanced project management skills in conducting inspection of structural elements during construction including reinforcement bars placement, structural steel erection, foundation excavation, pile load tests, trench stabilization, and mechanical, electrical and plumbing rough in. The employee will also conduct condition assessments of existing structures and prepare reports on findings.
An employee in this classification will be responsible for the development of structural drawings and bid documents, reviewing and writing project specifications and reviewing shop drawings. In addition, the employee will be responsible for the permitting of projects through the Department of Sustainable Development, Broward County, and various state agencies as well as coordinating projects with other City departments.
1. Have graduated from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, or other appropriate technical field.
2. Have at least four (4) years of progressively responsible post-graduate experience in one or more of the following areas: planning, design and construction of public works projects; planning, design and construction of utility projects; planning, design and construction of private development projects; or other closely related project or construction experience. Additional qualifying work experience may be substituted for the required college education on a year-for-year basis.
3. Possession of a current License as a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Florida or as a General Contractor by the State of Florida or Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICANTS WHO POSSESS:
1. A Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
2. A valid registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Florida or another state.
3. Work experience in structural engineering and structural inspections.
4. Certification as a special Threshold Inspector is highly desirable.
* Please attach copies of your college degree and applicable registration and/or certification.
Applications may be filed online at: http://fortlauderdale.gov/jobs/jobs.htm. The position will remain open until filled.