| Organization: ||
The City of Phoenix
|| Job Category: ||
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Post Code: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
$16.59 (minimum) - $21.39 (maximum) hourly / $34,507- $44,494 annually
|| Post Date: || 10/01/2013 ||
Job Title: Lube/Tire/Minor Repair Technician
Job ID: 9509
Location: Technical & Trades
Performs semi-skilled tasks in the repair and mechanical maintenance of automotive, heavy duty, and other motorized equipment. This includes assisting with the repair and maintenance of various types of vehicles and equipment; tire repair, maintaining service parts and inventory records; and installing and fabricating City decals, light bar kits, arrow boards, dash switches, electrical wiring, gauges, and other equipment and components.
Recruitment closes October 7, 2013. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
$16.59 (minimum) - $21.39 (maximum) hourly / $34,507- $44,494 annually.
* Two years of full-time work experience in the past 5 years in automotive and/or heavy duty equipment servicing, maintenance and repair of vehicular equipment.
* Possess a Class ACDLInstructional Permit at the time of hire and obtain a Class A Commercial Driver License within 6 months of hire date.
* Working irregular hours, second and/or third shifts, weekends, holidays, and evenings may be required.
* Requires working outside in a variety of environmental extremes such as heat, cold, rain, air pollution, and dust.
* Moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds may be required.
* Working in cramped areas while bending and stooping repeatedly.
* An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – The job requirements listed above, plus:
* Ability to perform vehicle maintenance on both light and heavy duty fleets.
* General knowledge of all vehicular systems including but not limited to engine, transmission, chassis, air conditioning and tune up.
* Experience in the repair and replacement of wheel bearings, brakes, repairing and balancing tires and wheels as well as patching and repairing tire tubes.
* Experience inspecting, diagnosing and repairing of vehicle systems.
* ASECertifications in either light duty automotive or heavy equipment.
* Fundamentally sound in metal working to includeMIGwelding and the use of an oxy-acetylene torch.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. In your cover letter or resume, please describe your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above.
YOUR COVER LETTERANDRESUME,PLUSANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE INONEATTACHMENT. You may also visit the City of Phoenix Human Resources Office at 135 N 2nd Avenue, Phoenix, and staff will assist you in applying online (please bring a resume, an old application, or work history with you).
Only applicants who meet the requirements as stated in the "Job Requirements" section will receive an invitation to the written exam via your primary email address. Your eligibility for the hiring list will be determined by your written exam results.
The written exam includes multiple choice items on general automotive, heavy equipment, maintenance repair procedures, driving and safety.
The written exam will be held Thursday, October 31st. If you do not receive an exam invitation by October 21st, please call 602-495-5703.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
1. If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Center at (602) 262-6277.
Equipment Service Worker II, Job Code #73070, ID #9509, 9-23-13, AM, Benefits Code: unit2, Q
City of Phoenix employees demonstrate superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity.