| Organization: ||
City of Anaheim, CA
|| Job Category: ||
| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Post Code: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
$27.50 - $37.81 Hourly
|| Post Date: || 09/13/2013 ||
The Fleet and Facility Services Division of the Public Works Department is seeking a dynamic, motivated, and highly collaborative Part Time Operations Contract Specialist who is interested in providing an exceptional level of customer service in delivering safe and cost effective facility services. The selected individual will provide competent, consistent and professional services using the following values and expectations:
- Exceptional Customer Service – provides responsive customer care and maintains level of service expectations.
- Takes initiative - provides a can-do attitude and values teamwork at all levels
- Effectively develops and manages numerous contracts associated with management, service and vendor contracts.
- Demonstrates project management skills related to developing project specifications, managing adherence to Purchasing procedures for project procurement, and managing numerous facility rehabilitation projects.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with fire/life/safety, environmental, permits and building codes.
- Effective use of technologies associated with computerized maintenance management systems.
- Serves as an effective communicator – verbal direction, report writing, computer and presentation skills.
- Develops and maintains a proactive culture of safety.
- Accountable and transparent budget planning and monitoring
This part time position is typically 20 to 30 hours per week however there is no guarantee of minimum hours.
The goal of the Public Works Fleet and Services Department is to provide safe, clean, efficient and well maintained facilities and equipment with exceptional customer service. Fleet and Facility Services provides quality and competitive maintenance services to our customers in a timely, environmentally friendly manner. Under the umbrella of the Department of Public Works, Fleet and Facility Services consists of two primary programs - Facility Services and Fleet Services - with the support of joint a Administrative Services staff.
Fleet Services has a 40-member team, operating out of a 47,000 square-foot, 30-bay repair facility. Fleet Services has an annual operating budget of approximately $12 million and is responsible for purchasing and maintaining all of the vehicles and motorized equipment used by the City of Anaheim. In addition to the vehicle fleets of City departments, this includes some small equipment such as chain saws and generators used by various City programs.
Facility Services has a 30-member team maintaining more than 200 sites and facilities across the City of Anaheim. Facility Services has an annual operating budget of approximately $10 million and is responsible for maintaining the City’s grounds and facilities; this includes administrative buildings, fire stations, parks, libraries, power substations, and related fixtures and equipment. Facility Services also administers the City’s Disability and Civil Rights programs.
The ideal candidate will perform essential functions and services such as:
- Initiate, develop and procure vendor and major management service contracts.
- Prepare specifications and bid packages for the Purchasing Division; review bids and recommend vendor selection for equipment and services; participate in the preparation of service contracts; assist in monitoring contractor and vendor performance.
- Prepare specifications and bid packages; review bids and recommend vendor selection; administer and monitor contractor and vendor performance; make cost assessments of proposed services versus ability to perform work in-house; assist supervisory staff in acquisition processes.
- Act as liaison with Purchasing; review invoices; provide fiscal assistance as needed.
- Coordinate assigned liaison activities with other departments, outside agencies and service providers.
- Use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software to track resources, compile statistics and information and prepare various reports regarding the management of service contracts and project management.
- Respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within the area of assignment; resolve complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Prepare administrative studies and research projects as required.
- Conduct activities required to achieve and maintain regulatory compliance.
- Perform a variety of accounting functions for contractor records and City accounts; maintain billing files; prepare reports and recommendations related to contractor records and City accounts; uses the City’s AMS purchasing and financial systems.
- Performs related duties as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Certification in Project Management or equivalent college and/or graduate education highly desired.
- Responsible work experience including experience in procuring and administering maintenance and major management service contracts, or a field related to area of assignment.
- Experience with procuring and managing projects.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of public administration; accounting and fiscal planning; statistical analysis methods including feasibility analysis; budgeting; contract monitoring and administration; methods of research and report writing; purchasing; computerized work order systems and other related computer programs
- Knowledge of business letter writing; office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; customer service; English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation; pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations including City building codes and ordinances and City administrative regulations.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple facility-related projects; assess and prioritize program needs; research, analyze, and summarize data; prepare accurate and logical written reports; prepare and monitor a budget; conduct and evaluate surveys and special studies; transfer technical knowledge of construction and maintenance into written competitive bid specifications; negotiate contracts; maintain accurate files and documentation.
- Ability to deal assertively and diplomatically with contractors, engineers, and the general public; explain applicable City codes and ordinances; work independently, making sound and independent decisions; maintain accurate statistical information; understand legal contractual and lease documents; design bid package specifications and analyze bid packages; evaluate quality, timeliness and costs of contractor/in-house projects.
- Professional diplomacy in difficult situations, excellent oral communication skills, presentation skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Experience utilizing work order software, such as FAMIS or other equivalent system is desirable.
- Possession of an appropriate, valid driver’s license
Note: This is a part time position with no minimum number of hours guaranteed.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received The deadline for the first review of applications is on Friday, September 27 at 5:00PM. Applicants are encouraged to apply early. Applicants that apply after the first review are not guaranteed to be considered for this recruitment. This recruitment may close at any time without notice after the first review date. To apply, please visit our website: www.anaheim.net/jobs EOE.