| Organization: ||
City of Evanston
|| Job Category: ||
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
$27.236 - $39.491/hour
|| Post Date: || 08/30/2013 ||
NATURE OF WORK:
This is an administrative and operations support position within the Public Works Department that is responsible for assuring the quality and timeliness of service delivery – helping the department meet internal and external customer expectations. The position prepares presentations, reports, and field inspections for various Public Works activities. This role has overall responsibility for being the lead person and liaison with the department division heads for managing the department’s customer service requests via GovQA, updating the department’s web pages and drafting project and program releases.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field.
- At least two years experience working for government, Public Works experience preferred.
- Excellent communications, organization and project management skills.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and related software applications specifically, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher.
- Responds to after-hour emergency phone calls and may be required to report to work.
- Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to quickly learn proprietary software such as CityWorks and GovQA.
- Considerable knowledge of and ability to use Internet search engines, Windows operating systems, and GIS.
- Ability to work with and relate to diverse group of citizens from varying socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret verbiage and clauses in proposals and contracts.
- Flexibility to work multiple tasks concurrently.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Able to deal with multiple internal and external customers.
- Ability to learn, understand, incorporate and enforce ordinances, rules, regulations, and procedures into daily activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, employees, and the public.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Possession of a valid Illinois driver’s license reflecting a safe driving record.
Full job description can be viewed on the City of Evanston website, www.cityofevanston.org.
Only online applications will be considered.