Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Ref:||R05667||Organization:||Missouri Department of Transportation||Job Category:||Transportation||Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||Missouri (MO)||City:||Lee's Summit||Post Code:||64086||Salary and Benefits:||Salary Grade: 18||Post Date:||08/26/2013||
Safety-Sensitive Job: YES
Supervisory Responsibilities: Full Supervision
Special Working Conditions/Job Characteristics: Job requires exposure to moderately adverse and undesirable environmental conditions
Examples of Work:
* Directs district traffic signal operations, pavement marking and traffic operations.
* Conducts field inspections of signing, pavement marking, signal operations, access issues and traffic operations.
* Provides traffic expertise and serves as a technical resource for construction on project core teams and for
maintenance crews to resolve engineering concerns; participates in the project scoping process.
* Conducts and evaluates traffic studies and makes traffic control and safety improvement recommendations.
* Coordinates traffic safety programs including hazard elimination, wet/dry, innovative signal improvements, law
enforcement safety task forces, and the state's blueprint for safer roadways.
* Reviews design plans for conformance to traffic practices and national guidelines.
* Reviews construction projects, permit plans and work zones to ensure access management principles are followed
and for proper use of temporary traffic control devices including signing, pavement markings, signals, arrow boards
and changeable message boards.
* Reviews and approves traffic impact studies to ensure access management principles are followed and for proper
installation of permanent traffic control devices such as traffic signals and flashers.
* Investigates and responds to traffic inquiries and requests from the public, other districts and divisions.
* Serves as an expert witness on traffic-related litigation.
* Supervises traffic operations personnel, including making hiring and other employment-related decisions, assigning
work, disciplining employees, training and conducting performance management.
* Performs supervisory responsibilities in a manner consistent with the department's Affirmative Action Program.
* Performs other responsibilities as required or assigned.
In order to be considered for this vacancy please go to the Missouri Department of Transportation Employment Application System (EAS) and submit an on-line application. Applications, and if applicable transcripts, must be received by no later than 11:55 pm of the closing date listed on the advertised vacancy.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V