Performs the treatment and production of potable water
- Gathers and performs Water Quality Tests
- Maintains proper water levels in storage tanks
- Troubleshoots equipment and process control problems
- Performs minor maintenance
- Prepares chemical solutions and calibrates process instruments
- Performs calculations for chemical additions
- Records hourly meter readings and backwashes filters
- Fills and adjusts chemical feeders
- Performs jar tests
- Maintains process control balance to maintain quality and regulatory compliance
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Grade “C” Surface Water Certification issued from TCEQ
- Two years experience working as an operator in a Water Treatment Plant
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written
- Ability to work in confined spaces and capable of lifting up to 80 pounds
- Ability to work rotating shifts • Knowledgeable in basic computer operation
- Ability to form and maintain effective relationships with coworkers and customers
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
Conditions of Employment:
- Must have a valid Class “C” Driver’s License and valid state required minimum automobile liability insurance prior to employment (must obtain Texas Class “C” driver’s license and state required minimum automobile liability insurance within 30 days of hire per state law)
- Must pass a drug test, driver’s license check, criminal history background check, and social security number verification check
- Must pass a physical examination
- Obtain Grade “B” Surface Water Certification within 3 years of employment as Operator II
To apply for this position please visit www.dentonjobs.com.
Applicants must satisfy all conditions of employment as outlined in the position announcement.
All applicants must pass a pre-employment drug screen prior to employment.
"We are committed to achieving a diversified workforce!"
"Dedicated to Quality Service"