This program is designed to help you successfully prepare to complete the process of sitting for the APWA Certified Stormwater Manager exam.
For information about the APWA Certified Stormwater Manager credential, eligiblity, and exam, visit: http://www.apwa.net/certification/CSM.asp
This webcast series focuses on areas of content domain, available resources and analysis of specialty topics found within the stormwater world. This program cannot overcome lack of experience, and this review will not guarantee a pass rate. But, the series includes tips on how to study prior to taking the exam and leaves you with additional self-directed study questions and information.
- The topic review areas for Part 3 of the three-part series includes:
- Structural Best Management Practices
- Non-Structural and Structural Best Management Practices
- Typical Structural Best Management Practices
- Best Management Practice Assessment
- Choosing the Appropriate Best Management Practices to Meet Goals Hydrology and Hydraulics
- The Differences Between Hydrology and Hydraulics
- Primary Hydrologic Processes • Primary Hydraulic Components
- Hydrology Equations and Models Operations and Maintenance
- System Mapping and GIS • Assessing System Condition
- Automated Asset Management
- NPDES Requirements for Operation and Maintenance
- Determining Maintenance Costs
- Typical Funding Sources
- Efficiency of Operations
Note to California residents: This program will aid you in studying for the APWA Certified Stormwater Manager exam. The content will be broadbased and relevant and informative for all stormwater managers nationally, but we will not cover the California regulations specifically.
Disclaimer: APWA Education is independent of APWA Certification. APWA certification programs are governed by the Certification Commission, a semi-independent certifying body of APWA. In adherence to certification industry standards, the Commission volunteers and staff are not involved in the development of any preparatory programs, and no preparatory programs are endorsed by the Commission nor are any prerequisites to earning APWA certifications.
This program has been approved for .2 CEUs or 2 PDHs. The form to request these credits is included in the handouts for this program. Please note there is a $5 fee per non-member individual requesting CEUs.
This program is a rebroadcast of the original program. It is offered again due to popular demand, in case you were not able to attend. This event will be streamed to you and will require use of your computer’s speakers.
If you are planning to apply for the certification program, please make sure to check all application deadlines as some may occur prior to the study guide course.